QuickBooks error code -6000, -83 can be seen when the user attempts to open, backup, or restore the company file. This error code comes with an error message stating “An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to access the company file. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact Intuit Technical Support and provide them with the following error codes: (-6000, -83). In today’s blog post, we will be talking about the causes, symptoms, and solutions to the error 6000. -83. For further details, you can get in touch with our QuickBooks support team via our toll-free number +1-844-521-0490.
Causes associated with QuickBooks error 6000, -83
Missing QuickBooks files can be one of the common reasons
another reason behind the QuickBooks error 6000, -83 is incomplete permissions for the network server
Converting QuickBooks Company files from the previous version
Damaged shared file or the QuickBooks company file
Qbm or qbw.adr is the file extension
Signs and symptoms of error 6000, -83
An error message stating QuickBooks error code 6000 83 on the screen.
QuickBooks stops working
System freezes again and again
System doesn’t respond and gets stuck with a black screen
Verify your backup filename and resolve the error
- To begin with, open the Windows start menu
- Then, type file explorer into the search option, followed by opening the file explorer option
- Moving ahead, the user is required to search and open the folder containing the company file
- The next step is to right click the file with .qbb extensions at the end of the file
- And then, select the rename option
- Once done with that, the user is supposed to delete any special characters, symbols, or spaces from the filename
- Later on, right click the folder having the QBB file and select rename option
- The next step in the process is to remove any special characters, symbols, and spaces
- And the final step is to restore the company file
Read Also: Troubleshoot QuickBooks Banking Error 324
Following the above listed steps can be helpful in rectifying the error 6000, -83. In case the user is unable to fix this error even after following the above stated steps, then feel free to get in touch with our QuickBooks Enterprise support +1-844-521-0490. Our team of experts and certified QuickBooks professionals will be happy to help you.